RIGOROUS COLLEGE PREPARATION IN AN ISLAND PARADISE
• Maui Prep is fully accredited by the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
• Maui Prep offers a full array of College Board Advanced Placement (AP) classes in the areas of English, History, Mathematics and the Sciences.
• Maui Prep students have been recognized for their achievements in several local and state competitions including mathematics, science, technology, athletics, and the arts.
• With our commitment to best practices in preparing students to engage the challenges of the 21st century, Maui Prep was recognized as one of Hawaii’s most successful Schools of the Future.
• Maui Prep’s small class sizes enable significant individualized attention for each student in a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Maui Prep’s teachers are masters of their disciplines (over 75% with advanced degrees), passionate about teaching, seek opportunities to expand their own knowledge and experience, and set the bar high for their students, teaching the essential skills to be successful academically while also being sensitive to different learning styles inherent in their students. Most importantly, Maui Prep teachers have that special knack for connecting with teenagers.
Dormitories and School Residences
Maui Prep creates a residential home environment that supports the intellectual and emotional development of our students. The exceptional educators and residential parents care for students as their own and guide their orientation and integration into Maui Prep community life. New students at Maui Prep quickly become a part of the ‘ohana (family) and build great life-long friendships.
Teachers and residential parents are available at all times to provide students with supervision and support, whether it is academic or personal. The residential accommodations ensure proper and appropriate separation of male and female students; classroom, meeting, and dining facilities are coeducational.
When not attending classes, participating in school sports, attending school functions, or studying, residential students have ample opportunities to enjoy all that Maui has to offer, including area beaches to swim, snorkel, surf or paddle board, hiking trails, local supermarkets, farmers markets, and shopping malls.
Maui is a short 25-minute flight from Hawaii’s international airport (HNL) in Honolulu, on the island of Oahu. The Maui Prep campus is 35 miles from Maui’s main airport (OGG) in Kahului. In addition, there are several direct flights from Maui to the US mainland, through such cities as Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Denver. Maui Prep is nestled on 22.5 acres of rolling hillside that had once been pineapple fields. The campus overlooks the warm Pacific Ocean and the Hawaiian islands of Lana’i and Moloka’i. The safe and secure campus presently provides seven main buildings that contain classrooms, science labs, computer lab, a college center, and dining hall. Students and faculty have WIFI access throughout the campus. All classrooms are equipped with Smart Board technology.
Area population: 12,000
City website: City of Lahaina
• Students have participated in native Hawaiian reforestation projects in the Pu'u Kukui Watershed
• Students have worked to provide artificial nesting areas for endangered native seabirds
• Students have studied traditional, native Hawaiian agricultural practices
• Students have engaged in discussions and projects pertaining to environmental sustainability
• Maui is the premier location to study the Humpback whale
• Students have participated in a coral reef restoration research project in Napili Bay
• Students have completed independent research projects on green sea turtles, reef sharks, and Hawaiian Spinner dolphins
• Maui Prep students have partnered with local Astronomical agencies
• Students have presented research posters to the American Astronomical Society
• Students have studied both the daytime and nighttime skies with high-quality telescopes and imaging equipment
The course is designed to provide students with an overview of the college process with a focus on preparing students to take the PSAT/ SAT
Dartmouth, Brown, University of Notre Dame, Lehigh University, George Washington University, and American University, Bentley University, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Marist College, University of Hawaii - Maui, Okanagan College, University of Oregon, Pacific University, University of Ottawa (Canada), Makana Wellness Academy, University of Redlands, Northern Colorado University, University of Victoria (Canada), Chapman University, University of Oregon, Flagler College, University of Redlands, Marist College, University of Miami, Pepperdine University, Utah State University, Santa Barbara City College, Whittier College, Stetson University, Lehigh University, New York University, University of Southern CaliforniaUniversity Acceptance Rate:
Closest International and Local Airports: Kahului Airport (OGG)
For Details Visit Website: Maui Preparatory Academy