Sports and Arts
Maui Prep makes great use of the outdoor environment and offers unique sports and excursions for students with activities like their interscholastic competitive surfing program. Students are also provided the opportunity to express themselves in Maui’s Performing and Visual Arts program.
Awards and Accomplishments
Maui Prep is one of a select few independent private schools in the State of Hawaii to be recognized five years in a row as a leading school of the future. Its students have won county and state championships in Science Olympiad and robotics. Maui Prep has also had county and state champions in a number of sports including swimming, surfing, and tennis.
• Students have participated in native Hawaiian reforestation projects in the Pu'u Kukui Watershed
• Students have worked to provide artificial nesting areas for endangered native seabirds
• Students have studied traditional, native Hawaiian agricultural practices
• Students have engaged in discussions and projects pertaining to environmental sustainability
• Maui is the premier location to study the Humpback whale
• Students have participated in a coral reef restoration research project in Napili Bay
• Students have completed independent research projects on green sea turtles, reef sharks, and Hawaiian Spinner dolphins
• Maui Prep students have partnered with local Astronomical agencies
• Students have presented research posters to the American Astronomical Society
• Students have studied both the daytime and nighttime skies with high-quality telescopes and imaging equipment
The course is designed to provide students with an overview of the college process with a focus on preparing students to take the PSAT/ SA
Dormitories and Student Life
Maui Prep creates a residential home environment that supports the intellectual and emotional development of students. Teachers and residential parents are available at all times to provide students with supervision and support. Residential students usually dine together for dinner, family style, with either the Residential Director or Residential Parent.
Maui is a short 25-minute flight from Hawaii’s international airport (HNL) in Honolulu, on the island of Oahu. The Maui Prep campus is 35 miles from Maui’s main airport (OGG) in Kahului. In addition, there are several direct flights from Maui to the US mainland.
Area population: 11,704
City website: City of Lahaina
Submit a pre-application for your student now