The Benefits of Becoming a Host Family for a Foreign Student
Educatius International places talented international high school students with American families who wish to host a foreign student.
The benefits of hosting an international student are wonderful. Our host families feel they have gained a beloved new host child from another country, can expose their own children to valuable international experience, as well as introduce American culture to a foreign student.
“Becoming a host family has truly been a blessing in our home. It provided us an opportunity to learn about a culture other than our own, and to share our culture as well.”
Our students, from 30 diverse nations, are enrolled in a full-time academic program a local high school and participate in sports, arts, or other extra curricular activities. Host Families have ongoing support from Educatius to ensure the experience is rewarding and memorable. And our host families are paid a stipend.
We are always looking for Americans who wish to become a host family in cities across the USA. If you would like to find out more information about hosting an international student – or refer a potential host family to us, please, contact us via the form below or call 1 800-301-6014.
- What does it take to be a host family?
- A genuine willingness to open your home and share your family’s daily life with an international student
- An English-speaking environment
- A separate bedroom for the student, with their own bed, desk and closet
- Reasonable commuting distance to local school by foot or public transport
- Pass an interview, home visit and criminal background check