UK Classic Programme for EU Passport Holders
UK Classic programme for EU passport holders
Educatius UK’s Classic High School programme is for EU passport holders only. A traditional exchange programme, it is the most popular choice among European students.
On the Classic programme, Educatius matches each student with a carefully selected Host Family, location and high school based on their personal profile. Students may be placed in a bustling big city, charming coastal town, or in the countryside and close to nature.
Our large school portfolio allows us to find the perfect state secondary school or Sixth Form college for each student. Studying at a state school or college offers our students the chance to study alongside their British counterparts following a range of subjects and courses including GCSEs, A Levels, and BTEC vocational courses. Educatius will always choose the school and subjects on behalf of the student and based on their interests and skills.
Educatius students stay with Host Families in the local community. Host Families are paid a stipend for hosting and Educatius handles the screening, placement, and supervision of Host Families before and during the programme. These families have a strong desire to welcome a foreign student and help them experience British culture.
Why students love this programme:
• Excellent education system offering a range of study pathways (note the Classic programme does not allow subject preferences – ask for our SELECT State for EU passport holder programmes instead)
• Placement in medium to large towns and cities throughout the UK – there is always something going on.
• Experience the real British lifestyle with genuine Host Family placements.
• Opportunity to experience much more of the UK (and Ireland) with our optional Student Trips.
• Flexible requirements and deadlines – we can and do accept bookings after the deadlines.
Who Can Attend?Our UK Classic Exchange programmes are open to European students aged 14 - 18 on or before 31st August.
Length of Programme: Academic Year, Multiple Year, Semester, Term
Minimum English: No mandatory English assessment required, though students are expected to have at least a high Intermediate level
Academic History: Minimum Grade C equivalent in English, Math, and 5 other subjects
Can a diploma be earned?: Two years of study is required. All students receive a transcript at end of studies regardless of length of stay
Programme Start Date: Last week of August / Start of January
Application Deadline Academic Year: 30th June for September admission
Semester/Term: 30th June for September admission OR 15th November for January admission
Nationality EU Passport holders only
Check out our UK Academic Exchange programme for a Classic alternative if you don't have an EU passport!
Our Classic programmes include the following:
• Full time education in a state school of our choice - our expert placement team spends time studying each application in order to place each student in a school/college most suited to their particular interests and skills.
• Full-board accommodation in a Host Family - placements can be either single or double (with a student from a different nationality) depending on the size of the house.
• Welfare package provided by our Student Liaison Officers to include an arrival orientation meeting, monthly meetings and reports submitted to the home agency.
• Once-per-term activity or social gathering for all students in the placement area, which is paid for by Educatius UK.
• Student pack with handbook, contact telephone numbers, student ID card and small useful gifts included.
• Return airport pick-up and drop-off by the Host Family or Educatius representatives.
Our Classic programmes do not include the following:• School uniform when necessary (£100-£150 approx.)
• Transport to and from school
• All extra activities, trips, social events or sports the student wishes to take part in
• Travel/Medical Insurance
• Soft Landing Camp in London at the University of Westminster for August arrivals