Private Boarding School
Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Maui Preparatory Academy lies on more than 25 acres of green, hillside where students can grow, learn, discover and excel. Recognized for its distinguished academic achievement in mathematics, science, technology and the arts, Maui Preparatory Academy offers small class sizes for individualized learning.
Maui Prep’s facilities include science and computer labs, a college counseling office, and other traditional classroom accommodations.
SPORTS AND ARTS
Maui Prep makes great use of the outdoors; the school offers unique sports and excursions for students with activities like interscholastic competitive surfing.
Students can express themselves in Maui’s Performing and Visual Arts program with classes like dance and drama.
AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Maui Prep is one of a select few independent private schools in the State of Hawaii to be recognized five years in a row as a leading school of the future. Its students have won
county and state championships in Science Olympiad and robotics. Maui Prep also had county and state champions in several sports including swimming, surfing, and tennis.
DORMITORIES AND STUDENT LIFE
Maui Prep creates a residential home environment that supports the intellectual and emotional development of students. Teachers and residential parents are available at all
times to provide students with support. Residential students usually dine together for dinner, family style, with either the Residential Director or Residential Parent.
• Students have participated in native Hawaiian reforestation projects in the Pu'u Kukui Watershed
• Students have worked to provide artificial nesting areas for endangered native seabirds
• Students have studied traditional, native Hawaiian agricultural practices
• Students have engaged in discussions and projects pertaining to environmental sustainability
• Maui is the premier location to study the Humpback whale
• Students have participated in a coral reef restoration research project in Napili Bay
• Students have completed independent research projects on green sea turtles, reef sharks, and Hawaiian Spinner dolphins
• Maui Prep students have partnered with local Astronomical agencies
• Students have presented research posters to the American Astronomical Society
• Students have studied both the daytime and nighttime skies with high-quality telescopes and imaging equipment
The course is designed to provide students with an overview of the college process with a focus on preparing students to take the PSAT/ SA
Maui is a short 25-minute flight from Hawaii’s international airport (HNL) in Honolulu, on the island of Oahu. The Maui Prep campus is 35 miles from Maui’s main airport (OGG) in Kahului. In addition, there are several direct flights from Maui to the US mainland.
Area population: 11,704
City website: City of Lahaina
Estimated Start Date: Mid-August
Estimated End Date: Late May
Offers Diploma Year Program
SAT Average (Out of 1600)
University Acceptance Rate
- Music - Rock Band
- Calculus AB
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Human Geography
- Studio Art: 2-D Design
- United States History
- Cross Country Running
- Track and Field
Extracurricular Activities & Clubs
- Community Service
- National Art Honor Society
- Peer Tutoring
- Student Government
Partial List of College and University Acceptances
Arizona State University, Boston University, Brown University, Chapman University, Columbia University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, George Washington
University, Gonzaga University, Johns Hopkins University, Lehigh University, New York University, Pepperdine University, Pennsylvania State University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology, San Diego State University, Savannah College of Art and Design, University of California – Berkeley, University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA), University of Colorado – Boulder, University of Hawaii – Manoa, University of Miami, University of Michigan, University of Notre Dame, University of Oregon, University of Rochester, University of Southern California (USC)
University Acceptance Rate:
Closest International and Local Airports:
Kahului Airport (OGG)
For Details Visit Website: Maui Preparatory Academy
Submit a pre-application for your student now