In order to be accepted on the Educatius Ireland Classic & Select programmes we generally require the following from each prospective student:
- English ability: Minimum level B1 (in the CEFR), 4.5 IELTs or equivalent level
- Academic ability: Minimum of grade C in English and Mathematics
- Minimum of quivalent grade C in 5 other subjects in most recent school exam results
- The desire to participate fully on an academic programme for the duration of their stay
- Maturity: Be able to cope with the demands of living and studying in a foreign country
However, one of the joys of Ireland is the availability of programmes for students who may have struggled with the academic programmes in their own country. The Transition Year is perfect for this.