The President for Educatius USA is responsible for providing strategic leadership for Educatius Group’s US division by working with the CEO and Chairman of Educatius Group to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. This position reports directly to the CEO and Chairman, and is based in Boston, MA.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies and set the overall direction of the Host Family, School, and Admissions Divisions.
- Create, communicate and implement the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction. Ensure the direction is communicated on a level that allows every employee to feel as if they are part of something bigger than themselves and that their role is strategically important to the organization.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of other executive leaders including vice presidents and directors.
- Meet regularly with senior company leadership to make sure that decisions the organization needs are well-thought out and timely.
- Make sure department heads spread ideas and direction throughout the organization until every employee understands their expected role and responsibilities for contribution.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Evaluate the success of the organization using a set of strategically important measures to determine the ongoing success - or lack thereof - that the organization is experiencing.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Formulate and implement the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business, using the input of employees at every level of the organization to develop the strategic plan.
- Maintaining awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth.
- The president frequently represents the organization in civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level. (Other executive leaders bear responsibility for these ventures as interested or assigned as well.)
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Temperature is moderate and controlled by building environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, ideally with an MBA or related degree.
- At least 10-15 years of overall professional industry experience; ideally 6+ years as president or senior executive leader experience.
- The following competencies are crucial to the success of the role: Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Business Acumen, Problem Solving/Analysis, Decision Making, Performance Management, Results Driven, Communication Proficiency, and Financial Management.
- The ideal candidate has experience of responsibility for the quality and strategic plan of all operations and strategic plans of the organization.
- Must be technology savvy.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making is necessary.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Approximately 25% travel required, including international travel.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.