The Student Experience Advisor (SEA) is responsible for maximizing students’ satisfaction from participating in Educatius academic programs. The advisor assists the Host Family Division with resolving escalated student support issues, is an advocate for the student and ensures appropriate communication with stakeholders for all issues and resolution. This position reports to both the Student Experience Manager as well as the Vice President of Sales and Client Services and is based in Boston, MA.
- Plan customer experience roadmap with milestone activities.
- Collaborate with other team members to implement ‘first 30 days’, ‘last 30 days’ activities, regular group activities and college prep sessions.
- Leverage feedback from overseas partners, students, and parents to implement new services or service improvements.
- Track yearly re-enrollment data and recommend initiatives to improve return rate.
- Resolve student related issues quickly and effectively.
- Coordinate entire team, overseas agents, host parents, local support staff, schools and students to reach collaborate and acceptable resolution of issues.
- Advocate for student as necessary, making sure that the student is listened to and that the student’s interest is served when resolving support issues.
- Make sure that the agent representing the student is properly informed of student support issues. The SEA must also communicate sensitive issues to agents and get their support and involvement in resolving student support issues.
- Draft letters, plans and documents that are agreed on for resolving a student support issue.
- Coordinate dismissals and facilitates refunds for students returning early.
- The SEA must be able to determine and differentiate fact from emotion based issues.
- Gathering facts, listening to both sides in any issue.
- Listening and talking directly to students when needed.
- Manage communication with prospective students channeled through our website, referrals and direct response to ads.
- Ensure efficient channeling of leads to the Admissions Team for program advising and application processing.
- Process student representative agreement for direct sales.
- Track and monitor conversion rates of leads to enrollment.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- The SEA proactively works with preventing student support issues through training, orientations and other activities.
- Support host family division with student placement related tasks.
- Drive excellent student experience throughout customer journey.
- Engage with students through well-planned activities.
- Increase re-enrollment rate of diploma-track students.
- Motivate word-of-mouth referrals.
- Conflict resolution and experience needed.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Temperature is moderate and controlled by building environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have international experience from work or studies.
- At least 2-4 years of overall experience in the education field, preferably in international education.
- Excellent track record in problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Significant skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Additional language fluency is a plus.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
- Relevant direct sales and customer servicing experience in education or related field an added plus.