For International Students – Study High School in the USA, Canada, UK or Around the World
Educatius Group is the world leader in high school programs. Foreign students looking to study at USA and Canada high schools receive complete support services including school consulting, application support, host family placements, and student support.
In 2018, we were the largest organization placing international students in F-1 (academic) USA High School Programs listed by CSIET and last year over 6,000 international students from 60 countries studied on one of our high school programs in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, and eight other countries.
Our dedicated Client Experience Team works closely with students, parents, and agents to help students enroll in American or Canadian high schools. Whatever students are looking for in their education in the USA and Canada, we’ll work to find the best fit for their requirements. And when it comes time to help you prepare to apply to the best universities in the USA and Canada, we're able to help with that, too.
If you prefer to work with a local agent in your own country, let us know and we will match you with one of our trusted partners.
How to Apply to High School
If you plan to attend high school abroad, to get started the student or parent should complete the STUDENT FORM to let us know more about the student and their goals. If you prefer to work with an someone locally in your own country, let us know- we work with experienced and professional agents all around the world.
After a student (or their parent) contacts Educatius, our Client Experience Advisor will:
- Respond via email or phone within one business day.
- We'd be happy to schedule a counseling session over Skype if you prefer. There is no fee for the counseling.
- Evaluate the student’s unique goals, academic background, interests, and budget.
- Send customized school recommendations to the student.
After the student reviews the options and makes a decision on a particular school, our Client Experience Advisor will:
- Advise the student regarding all documents necessary for an application.
- Guide the student through completing an online school application.
- Send the school acceptance letter, invoice, I-20 (or visa document) delivery information, and host family profile (if homestay is necessary) to the student. In the rare case a student is not accepted to their chosen school, we will assist them to apply to another high school.
- We will advise the student on how to make the payments for the program.
The student will apply for the F-1 Visa for the USA or study permit for Canada, inform the Advisor once it is approved, as well as provide flight information for Educatius to arrange an airport pick-up.
Finally, the Advisor will:
- Provide pre-departure orientation to the student.
- Introduce the student to his/her Local Coordinator.
- Hand student over to Educatius Student Experience team, who will support the student throughout their stay on the program - in the host family and at school.
There are a number of different ways you can customize education in the USA and Canada, and, ultimately, our Client Experience team is here to help you make the absolute most of your educational experience.
How We Take Care of our Students
International students travel far from home for their high school program. We take their safety and success very seriously! And our experienced staff will support them through any situation.
If you are staying on a host family program, we match you with a carefully screened host family. Then, after you arrive, a Local Coordinator will meet with you within 48 hours to make sure you are settling in well with your new family. Each week in the first 30 days we will check in with you and then talk to you to review your experience with your family and success at school on a regular basis. And of course, students may contact the Local Coordinator at any time.
For students staying in boarding schools, we work together with you and the school to make sure that you are well supported.
Our USA F-1 high school programs with host families have been listed for the last 6 consecutive years by CSIET, which evaluates our processes and safeguards to ensure the well-being of the students in our care.
Finally our Service Promise outlines the great support students can expect on one of our SELECT or Academic Exchange programs.
High School Fees and Tuition for International Students
Studying high school abroad is one of the most important investments that an international student can make in his or her future. And research shows how studying secondary school abroad has many benefits, far beyond just improving English or completing school classes:
- Best preparation for university in that country. (US News Report)
- Increases creativity and innovative thinking. (University of Florida)
- Students who study abroad have a higher GPA than similar students who stayed on campus, even when controlling for external factors. This impact is even more pronounced for minority and at-risk students. (GLOSSARI)
- Students who have studied abroad are better able to work with people from other countries, understand the complexity of global issues, and have greater intercultural learning. (Georgetown Consortium Project)
The costs of high school in the USA and Canada depend on the high school location and type of school chosen. Our F-1 high school program allows students to choose an exact school and is the best preparation for university.
- Public high schools are generally less expensive than private high schools, and boarding schools are generally the most expensive. However international students still need to pay tuition at public schools in the USA on the F-1 program, and in Canada.
- Religious (Christian, Catholic, etc.) private or boarding schools are generally less expensive than non-religious high schools.
- Any high school in "famous" locations such as California (Los Angeles, San Francisco), Boston, New York City, Florida, and Toronto are more expensive than high schools in locations like Arizona, Michigan, Ohio, Texas, Newfoundland, and Utah.
The package costs for high schools in the USA and Canada include many important things - high school tuition, accommodation (with a host family or dormitory), meals; as well as, AND most importantly, ongoing monitoring and support of each student by our staff. When students have questions or need support, there is ALWAYS someone who can assist them and even a toll free 24/7 telephone number to call.
The high school package price (tuition, accommodation, meals, ongoing supervision) ranges from about $16,000 - $65,000 USD per academic year. The least expensive option is our Academic Exchange program where we choose the school for the student, but it's still an F-1 program so they can study for multiple years and earn a US high school diploma. For students who wish to choose their exact school, the package costs range between $20,000 USD for good public high schools in smaller areas to over $60,000 USD for prestigious private or boarding schools in Boston, New York or Washington. In Canada, the package costs range from $23,000 CAD for good public high schools in eastern Ontario or Newfoundland to over $50,000 CAD for a prestigious boarding school.
In addition, students should be prepared to cover the cost of their flight, spending money and additional fees such as insurance, uniforms, textbooks, activity fees, etc.
Our staff works with international students to understand their budget and match them with the best high school that fits! We do not charge any service fee on top of the school package price, for our personalized consulting.
Some students ask if scholarships are possible. They are, but they are partial scholarships and generally offered by boarding schools. So, if the regular price of an elite boarding school is $60,000 per academic year, after the scholarship is applied the cost might be $35,000, for example. We can never provide or arrange full scholarships, or sponsor students to study abroad.
The J-1 High School Program
Another high school program that is available in the USA is the J-1 (Classic) high school exchange program. Educatius' partners offer the J-1 program, such as http://www.cetusa.org/high-school-program/. J-1 programs are the least expensive way to study high school in the USA. It's a wonderful and fun cultural experience; but foreign students cannot choose an exact school and have little control over some aspects of the program. It's for one year maximum and there are many restrictions on the program. It's not recommended for students who want to continue to university in the USA. Since tuition is not paid to the school and the host family is volunteer, the costs are lower than the F-1; around $10,000 USD per year.