Leaving your country and your family to live in a foreign country with complete strangers is a brave choice, but it can also bring something very good to your life. Even though families in Ireland are very different from Italian ones, they are amazing too.
Ireland Academic Exchange Programme
Have you ever considered Ireland for a study experience?
Educatius’ Academic Exchange programme in Ireland opens up the Irish curriculum for international students at one exciting low price.
The Irish education system ranks as one of the top in Europe, and students from all around the world now have the unique opportunity to experience this as part of an exciting exchange programme.
Students on the Ireland Academic Exchange programme will be placed in one of Educatius’ Private Day schools located in smaller towns throughout Ireland. Our team of admissions experts will choose a school for the student based on their interests and skills. Students will benefit from being in close-knit communities and warm and friendly Host Families. What’s more, this programme is available for students aged 14 – 17 so is a great option to kick-start a high school experience.
Why Students Love This Programme
• Students enjoy being at Private Day schools with approximately 400-500 students and with very low international student populations (mainly Europeans).
• Excellent education system offering traditional subject options as well as the exciting Transition Year programme.
• Ireland is a safe, family-oriented country – students become part of a close-knit community. Experience real Irish culture and lifestyle outside of the big cities, though getting to the big cities for day trips is often very easy.
• Opportunity to experience much more of Ireland (and the UK) with our optional Student Trips.
• Flexible requirements and deadlines – we can and do accept bookings after the deadlines.
• Students can choose the Transition Year programme, which is good for students with lower English or weaker grades: no exams, core subjects, speciality programmes and experience-based learning.
• Students can then continue on for a second and third year to get their Leaving Certificate, which is equivalent to the UK’s A Levels, and is a good foundation for University study.
Who Can Attend?
Students should be aged 14 - 17 at the start of the academic year in August
Length of Programme Academic Year, Multiple Year, Semester Term
Minimum English Requirement Visa purposes: IELTS 4.0 or equivalent
Grade History Minimum Grade C equivalent in English, Maths and 5 other subjects
Can a diploma be earned? Two years to complete the Leaving Certificate. All students will receive a transcript at the end of stay regardless of programme length.
Programme Start Date Last week of August or beginning of January
Application Deadline Academic Year: 30th May
Semester/Term: 30th May for August admission / 15th November for January admission
Nationality Open to all international students. Please contact Educatius for assistance with visa requirements as this does vary by nationality.
What Is Included?
• Full-time education in a Private Day School of our choice - our placement team spends time studying each application in order to place each student in a school most suited to their particular interests and skills.
• Full board accommodation in a Host Family - placements can be either single or double (with a student from a different nationality) depending on the size of the house.
• Welfare package provided by our Student Liaison Officers to include an arrival orientation meeting and monthly reports submitted to the home agency.
• Once-per-term activity or social gathering for all students in an area which is paid for by Educatius Ireland.
• Student pack with handbook, contact telephone numbers, student ID card, and small useful gifts.
• Return airport pick-up and drop-off by the Host Family or Educatius representatives (designated airport only).
What Is Not Included?
• School uniform - mandatory in all Irish schools (€150 - €200 approx.)
• School books (€100 approx.)
• Transport to and from school (€175 per term approx.)
• School locker and insurance fees (€90 approx)
• All extra activities, trips, social events, or sports the student wishes to take part in
• Travel / Medical insurance